Friday, April 9, 2010

Just a troll, or does she really think she's manning the bridge?

Once again, I haven't come to a complete conclusion on this yet. Springs1 has gone to forums for expectant mothers and gotten into cursing matches with moms to be. She even tried taking up ranting about rude drivers early in her inception (something tells me that she was trying to figure out what ticked her off the most). While she tries fairly hard to come up with new ways to be inflammatory, (under the guise of just expressing her opinion) her delivery is pretty much the same and she doesn't exactly try to hide who she is. Sounds to me that she is using the internet to vent and claims that she doesn't care what people think about her. Her opinions are just so important that they have to be hard at ANY means necessary.

Where she fails miserably is in the fact that she argues about opinions. Springs1 thinks most -- no, all servers have easy jobs and they suck at them. Okay, that's nice. Someone disagrees with her and the gloves really come off. Even the most heated political debates aren't that one sided. I mean, seriously. Regular people know that they may have unpopular opinions and that everyone may not agree with them, but who argues about them in that manner. It's a fact that most people don't mind the whole refill without asking think, which Springy finds abhorrent. So not only is the server wrong for assuming that she wants a refill, other diners are wrong when they say they don't mind. Hmm. So, who's right? Can anyone be right? I thought opinions were personal. They're meant to be shared, but ultimately, they are still possessed and controlled solely by their creators. Guess she missed that memo.

Another reason that the Springster comes off as a troll is the fact that most of her stories are pretty much cut and paste jobs. If I were to go out and eat as much as she did and had such a high level of terrible service, why aren't their any new stories of horror? In fact, most of the stuff she posts about now happened over five years ago. What gives? If she goes out to eat eight times a month, she should have well over 200 more tales of crappy services with detailed breakdowns of scenarios and blow by blow accounts of the transgressions?

I still think she's got psychological problems, I just think that she is under the impression that she's perfectly fine doing what she does. She's said herself that she wants to remain anonymous on the net because she doesn't need any retaliation from waitstaff, (huh?) but she's given out so many clues that she would have been spotted by now. I mean, even in Louisiana, a 90 pound woman who orders 4 orders of ranch with every meal, filet mignon (they serve that at Chilis?) coke and water has got to stand out. So, yes, I think Springs1 is partially a figment of her own fantasies. I just can't believe that in all these years no one has spotted her and reported back with the juicy details. I also happen to think that she's very passive aggressive, doesn't speak up for herself and nags her husband incessantly about the service. All the while, she probably puts that fake smile back on her face at her server comes over to see if everything is okay with the service.

3 comments:

  1. "she should have well over 200 more tales of crappy services with detailed breakdowns of scenarios and blow by blow accounts of the transgressions?"

    I can tell you a bunch of stories. I will see if you respond before I spend that much effort into writing all of the things that happened.

    A good example would be condiments were forgotten for the appetizer that I ordered extra(2) from another server that didn't apologize and said "Your server will get it." What a team player, HUH? Anyway, then my entrée came out from another server. She obviously didn't read the ticket at ALL. My bacon was missing on an open-faced burger and the pickles were obviously there on top the bun or burger(NOT UNDERNEATH is my point. I am so sick of this, I actually was rude which I usually am not, because I could very much tell she didn't verify a damn thing. I said "The bacon is missing and I ordered it with no pickles" in a no-so-nice way. I also didn't even mention the ranch since I had enough already, but I did order a side of ranch as well. She responded "I'm not your server." I responded "READ THE TICKET!" I am so SICK of service like this where another server brings you your food and there's no incentive to get it right, so they don't verify anything. It is rare that I am mean, but the appetizer server was mean first off that got me pissed off there that he didn't want to work as a TEAM by saying "I'm sorry, I will go get it for you." is what SHOULD have happened. My server could have prevented the condiments from being missing for the appetizer and the entrée.

    My point is, I am SICK of the LAZY ASSES!! When you work as a team, it comes back to you if everyone did that. At Outback once, a waiter OFFERED REFILLS that wasn't our server. That's the way it should be, but because it's not their table, there's no incentive to care, so then service sucks for A LOT of people that get another server running their food. Then the tips are bad and they wonder why. Look what happened.

    That's just one example. I won't tell you more until I see you that you respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's a fact that most people don't mind the whole refill without asking think, which Springy finds abhorrent. So not only is the server wrong for assuming that she wants a refill, other diners are wrong when they say they don't mind. Hmm. So, who's right? Can anyone be right?"

    Actually, the CUSTOMER should be ASKING to have automatic refills without being asked throughout their service by ***ORDERING**** that way, but since most customers don't want to OPEN THEIR MOUTHS TO ORDER(I order water for example if I want it, NOT EXPECTING IT AS OTHERS DO), the **SERVER** should be ASKING THE CUSTOMERS WHEN *GREETED* "Would you all like refills without being asked througout y'all's service?" The customers would then say "yes" or "no", so then the server would know how to get it right.

    It is NOT the RIGHT of the server to **ORDER** for their customers. Do you think we get a MENU for a reason or what? It's not so our server can decide what we want at our table.

    As a server, you have ZERO rights to order for your customers. Do you realize that they may want something else and that MOST servers DO NOT do this? Tell me, WHY should a customer have to say "Please don't order for me?" Don't you think that's being overly cautious when MOST servers don't RISK WASTING THEIR TIME?

    I have sent servers back before. How would it feel to be sent back with 4 refills that aren't wanting? That's probably WHY servers don't do what they don't know is wanted, because sometimes they found they were WRONG. They did stuff for nothing. Do you like to do something for nothing? NOBODY DOES!!

    It's not your place to say I want something next. You should be asking if I want bread even, free or not. It's not up to YOU if I want bread at my table in MY SERVICE I am PAYING for by tipping you.

    Shouldn't the customer get things the way ***THEY***** personally want since it's THEIR MONEY they are using to pay for the service?

    You said "Who's right", well the server is wrong for "ASSUMING", that's who is wrong. The server shouldn't be ordering, because that's not the server's job to ORDER, that's ONLY THE CUSTOMER'S JOB!!

    As I said, honestly, if people didn't "EXPECT" things, they would ORDER IT. I don't expect things if I want something, I order it.

    Since they don't want to, the server should be asking what is OK or NOT OK to BRING THE TABLE. It's the server's job to satisfy YOU individually, NOT the majority, YOU as one person in the party even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Springy, I'll put more effort into my responses as soon as you stop picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Keep it up and I'll just block you from commenting.

    I think automatic refills are great and I know that I'm not wrong because it makes my life less complicated. You don't. You're entitled to your opinion as well. That's why this is a free country. If you don't like it, feel free to continue to write 10,000 word manifestos about it.

    My opinion is that you lack control in your life and takes out her (or his) frustrations on the internet under a cloak of anonymity. And actually, I'm 100% right in my opinion. So what now?

    ReplyDelete